Why choose Anthony J Kay
Anthony J Kay provides a range of services to assist and support in all disputes relating to buildings and property.
With years of professional experience and specialist qualifications, Anthony J Kay is able to assist with all your building and property disputes and party wall needs. Anthony covers all areas within the East Midlands, including Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham and Derby.
Free Initial Advice
Anthony Kay is happy to provide you with a FREE initial consultation on any of our specialist areas.
Highly Qualified & Experienced
Anthony J Kay has over 40 years of multi-disciplinary experience and specialist professional qualifications.
Over the years, Anthony has worked to gain many professional qualifications.
Chartered Building Engineer (CBuildE)
Fellow, The Chartered Association of Building Engineers (FCABE)
Fellow, The Academy of Experts (FAE)
Fellow, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
Postgraduate Diploma in Arbitration (PGDipArb)
Fellow, The Association of Building Engineers (FBEng)
Fellow, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
Chartered Building Surveyor (ARICS)
Diploma in Building Surveying (DipBS)
Over 40 years professional experience and numerous qualifications.
Call 01246 296 494 for your local, experienced surveyor.
Over the years, Anthony J Kay has gained many different types of professional experience, including:
- Analysis and diagnosis of building defects and defective building work.
- Expert witness services relating to contract disputes (especially quality of work); defective buildings; building maintenance; boundary disputes; landlord & tenant disputes; Statutory Nuisance; professional negligence, and personal injury claims arising from buildings and building work.
- Expert determination, Arbitration and Construction Adjudication.
- Leading regional expert on The Pary Wall etc. Act, 1996, and amendments.
- Scheduling and negotiation of dilapidations claims.
- Design and specification of remedial works.
- Contract administration, including financial administration.
- Design and management of large-scale repair and refurbishment projects.
- On-site supervision of building works.
- Whole and partial building surveys.
- Condition surveys of residential and commercial property portfolios.
- Building types include residential, small and medium-scale industrial, and commercial premises (including licences and liesure), in the public, voluntary and private sectors.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Anthony J Kay is currently the Principal of his own company but has had many other professional positions before this, including:
Tattersall Property Consultants Ltd, Sheffield.
Lawrence Tattersall Chartered Surveyors, Sheffield.
Kay & Co, Sheffield.
HSB Partnership, Leeds and Sheffield.
Chartered Building Surveyor/ Associate
Hogben Smith Barritt, Manchester and Sheffield.
Central Lancashire New Town Development Corporation
PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTION ACTIVITY
RICS, Professional Conduct Panel, London.
RICS, Building Surveyors, Assessment of Professional Competence: Chairman of Assessors Panels, Manchester, Coventry, Harrogate.
RICS, Building Surveyors, Chairman, Yorkshire Branch.
RICS, Building Surveyors, TPC Joint Chairman of Assessors